Keeping up-to-date with Wavebox releases is essential and there are 3 reasons why we do releases, these are:
- A new version of Chromium (about every 2 weeks).
- Urgent fixes or security patches (infrequent, but important!).
- New features (roughly every 4 weeks to coincide with a new version of Chromium).
We've added a What's New icon to the sidebar. This display a red dot when there's something new to see. Click on the purple gift icon to pop-out the What's New window. You can control which icons appear in your sidebar by going to Settings > General > User Interface > Sidebar.
More about updates:
- When we push out a new release you'll get an in-app pop-up notification inviting you to update - please do so as soon as you can.
- Wavebox doesn't have many bugs, and we're normally super-fast at squishing them. However if you do get an issue, the first thing to do is check if there is an update that contains a fix for it. Go to Settings > General > Updates > Check for Update Now and download the update, if available.
- You'll find release notes on our Blog: https://blog.wavebox.io/releases/
- With any major release (every 4 weeks) there is normally a blog with details about new features, seen an example here: https://blog.wavebox.io/multiple-wavebox-profiles/
- In the app, you'll also see a red dot appear on the present icon in the sidebar when there's something new to see. Click on it to bring up the What's New pop-up window.
- You can learn more about our release schedule in this blog post: https://blog.wavebox.io/check-chromium-release-version/
- You can check that we're always up-to-date with the latest version of Chromium by pasting this URL in any Wavebox window: https://chromiumchecker.com/ (Why not try this with other browsers!).
Want to get releases early? Join our very active Beta channel.