At the moment you can synchronize accounts manually from the cloud. This is useful for (1) setting up a new computer quickly from a previous install on another computer and (2) syncing one computer (e.g. work) with another (e.g. home).
Note that this is currently a manual process which involves the following steps. We are working on auto-sync at the moment, which we hope to release in 2021.
Restore from profile when doing a new Install.
- On the most recently updated computer (the one you want to copy from), go to Settings > General > Data & Sync and click on 'Upload Profile'. This will ensure that the cloud profile is up-to-date.
- On this computer, make a note of the login email. 'Settings > Wavebox Subscription'
- Next, during install on a new computer, login using the email you just made a note of. A list of saved profiles for that account will be shown.
- Simply choose the one you want to restore from. The new computer will then automatically pick up the settings, apps, groups, profiles and pins from that install.
- Extensions and passwords are not currently restored, so you will need to add them again manually. We will be adding support for synchronising these during 2021 as well.
- You will need sign-in to all your accounts again on the new computer. However you can make this a much easier process by exporting/importing your passwords from another computer. Just follow the details in this Knowledge Base article.
- Note: you can use your Pro subscription on any number of different computers.
Force sync between Wavebox already installed on different computers.
- On the most recently updated computer (the one you want to copy from), go to Settings > General > Data & Sync.
- Click on the 'Upload Profile' button. You'll see a spinner icon, and then the button will show 'Uploaded!' message.
- On your other computer, go to the same place in Settings and click on the 'Restore profile' button. This will show a 'Fetching' message and then display a pop-up window showing a list of any saved profiles for your account. Select the one you just updated.